Blog Archive

Monday 18 February 2013

Backward Engineering OSR to Pathfinder

I need to thank and curse Rafael Chandler, as I need to figure out a way to backward engineer a lot of his terrific monsters from the Teratic Tome from OSR to fit my Pathfinder game. Not so worried about the feats, but I'm thinking about the best way to auto add such skills as perception & stealth. At first thought, I'm thinking about double their HD for a number of skills equal to their HD. So, a 3+3 HD would get +6 to three skills; simple and easy to remember.

Why do I have to do so much effort? Oh right, awesome monsters with so many twisted ideas ready for me to sic on my players.

Don't want to spoil the surprises with an actual review, but it's a great book at a great price. And it just shows how much, regardless of edition, a good book with good ideas and sticky usable features can be used to inspire your game!    

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the kind words! I wish I could help you with this, but alas, I don't have much Pathfinder experience, so I wouldn't know where to start.

    Regardless: torment your players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would be disappointed if you did have PF experience. Either way, thanks, some fun stuff that will be an awful lot of fun to use!

    ReplyDelete